Stargate RacesA mod for Sins of a Solar Empire
- Adds 5 fully playable Stargate series themed races:
- The Ancients
- A race that uses larger, more powerful ships to compose the basis of their fleet. You will have a fraction of the number of ships in your fleet but many of them are more comparable in power to a capital ship for other races than to a frigate. Ancient capital ships are immensely powerful and include the fabled Atlantis city ship. They are also able to build Space Gates that allow near instant travel between planets, allowing them to easily shift their fleet resources as needed.
- The Asgard
- A race whose ships focus on shields and mobility. Asgard vessels and structures have low hull point scores but all have shield points. While they may not have dramatically more shield points than other races, their shields are superior in mitigation factors and mitigation build-up, with multiple research entries for improvements. The Asgard fleet employs no strikecraft but makes up for the lack thereof with superior anti-fighter weaponry on various ships and structures and a notable advantage in mobility. Sublight and hyperspace engines are highly advanced and provide superior mobility in both local gravity wells as well as interplanetary & interstellar travel and the Asgard empire tree provides numerours upgrades which provide further mobility advantages.
- The Goa'uld
- A parasitic race who pose as gods to their subjects. A powerful economy and formiddable diplomatic and cultural tools combine to make them a force to be reckoned with. They may only have a handful of frigates and cruisers but most serve several functions. Powerful capital ships anchor their fleet and complete their tools for conquest.
- The Ori
- An offshoot of the Ancient race founded on fanatical belief in ascended beings who call themselves the Ori. Governed by the Priors, living beings empowered by the Ori to impose their will, the followers of Origin are empowered by the the vast knowledge of the universe that their ascended overlords possess. The Ori fleet is composed of a full compliment of ships varying in size but all very powerful. Even the smallest frigates are protected by powerful shields and the massive capital ships are capable of engaging entire enemy fleets by themselves as they spread Origin across the universe or destroy all those who refuse to submit to the will of the Ori.
- The Wraith
- A race whose ships do not have shields but who compensate with increased hull points, armor and regeneration rates. They have a wide selection of cruisers of varying power but only one type of capital ship, Hives, which are the heart of their fleet.
- The Ancients
- Increased fleet supply available.
- Larger scale planets, stars & other stellar phenomena.
- Custom themed graphics & game assets.
Give feedback, report bugs or discuss on Discord at Stargate Mods.
Alternatively, you may also find me (dolynick) at on the Official Sins of a Solar Empire Discord Server.
Stargate Races r1.03For Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v1.93
Full version release for Rebellion. Fully playable. While some game assets have been updated, many are still placeholder or waiting to be updated yet.
**Requires Sins: Remastered also be enabled.
Legacy VersionsNo longer actively supported
Stargate Races d1.06For Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplimacy
The base version of the Stargate Races mod.
Galaxy Mod d1.06For Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplimacy
Adds a variety of new planet types to the game.
Fleet Size d1.03For Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplimacy
Increases fleet capacity.
Planet Size d1.06For Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplimacy
Increases the scale of stars & planets.
Stargate Galaxy d1.06For Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplimacy
Stargate Races combined with Galaxy Mod, Planet Size & Fleet Size all in one.